Teatime with… Alfred Lord Tennyson
TEATIME WITH JANE
24 – 31 May
poetry by Alfred Lord Tennyson
From October to June, the Bookbank bookshop will move to the English countryside for afternoon tea once a month on a Friday afternoon (h. 18.30-19.30). Surrounded by a real English atmosphere with tea and cakes, cups and saucers and a good book, we will spend a pleasant afternoon reading and chatting in English… with Jane!
24 – 31 May: poetry by Alfred, Lord Tennyson
As Poet Laureate during much of Queen Victoria’s reign, Alfred Lord Tennyson’s spellbinding poetry epitomized the Victorian age. With a literary career spanning nearly sixty years, Tennyson is one of the nineteenth century’s greatest poets, Tennyson’s most famous works include Maud, The Lady of Shalot , Morte d’Arthur, Ode on the Death of the Duke of Wellington, and the patriotic Charge of the Light Brigade,
June: Little Women – Louisa M. Alcott
A timeless classic – The timeless tale of four sisters – Meg, Jo, Amy and Beth – experiencing both hardship and adventure in Civil War New England. Though the March family may be poor, their lives are rich with colour, as they play games, put on wild theatricals, make new friends, argue, grapple with their vices, learn from their mistakes, nurse each other through sickness and disappointments, and get into all sorts of trouble. In this simple, enthralling tale, Louisa May Alcott created four of American literature’s most beloved “little women”.
Teacher: Jane Upchurch
Cost per lesson (including tea and cake): €18
For information: email@example.com
Booking can only be made at the Bookbank:
Monday and Tuesday : h. 16.00-19.30
Wednesday , Friday, Saturday: h 9.30-13 and 16.00-19.30
Thursday and Sunday : closed
Just to remind you of Bookbank’s Teatime rules:
– there are ONLY 10 places for each meeting
– the cost remains 18 euros, because we believe that good things should carry on and because the sacrifices we make are worth it to see you smile.
– you can consider your place booked ONLY AFTER you have paid.
– you will ONLY be refunded if you can’t make a meeting IF you give me 15 days’ notice.
– You can ONLY change the date of the meeting you have booked, IF you give me 15 days’ notice and ONLY IF the group on the chosen date is not already full.
– You can give your place to someone else, or change places with another person in another group… but you MUST remember to let me know (so I know who is coming and who isn’t!)