1984… the war is peace
Teatime with Jane:
15 – 22 February: 1984
ANCORA 2 POSTI
70 years since it was published in 1949 – Hidden away in the Record Department of the sprawling Ministry of Truth, Winston Smith skilfully rewrites the past to suit the needs of the Party. Yet he inwardly rebels against the totalitarian world he lives in, which demands absolute obedience and controls him through the all-seeing telescreens and the watchful eye of Big Brother, symbolic head of the Party. In his longing for truth and liberty, Smith begins a secret love affair with a fellow-worker Julia, but soon discovers the true price of freedom is betrayal.
Teacher: Jane Upchurch
Cost per lesson (including tea and cake): €18
For information: email@example.com
Booking can only be made at the Bookbank:
Monday and Tuesday : h. 16.00-19.30
Wednesday , Friday, Saturday: h 9.30-13 and 16.00-19.30
Thursday and Sunday : closed
Just to remind you of Bookbank’s Teatime rules:
– there are ONLY 10 places for each meeting
– the cost remains 18 euros, because we believe that good things should carry on and because the sacrifices we make are worth it to see you smile.
– you can consider your place booked ONLY AFTER you have paid.
– you will ONLY be refunded if you can’t make a meeting IF you give me 15 days’ notice.
– You can ONLY change the date of the meeting you have booked, IF you give me 15 days’ notice and ONLY IF the group on the chosen date is not already full.
– You can give your place to someone else, or change places with another person in another group… but you MUST remember to let me know (so I know who is coming and who isn’t!)